Power Alarm, founded in 1980 is a family owned and operated security business and one of the area’s leading providers of Residential and Commercial Security Systems for over 30+ years. Headquartered in Euclid, OH.
Power Alarm installs Security, Surveillance, Fire, Access Control, Automation and Medical Alarm Devices throughout North East Ohio.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Summary
Responsible for the installation of Fire Alarm, Security, Access Control, Camera Systems and other low voltage wired and wireless installs.
- Bring your experience or willingness to learn- Proper training to be provided by Power Alarm’s professional technicians.
- Operate company truck for business travel and customer installations.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
- Audits and Organizes truck, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Learns and demonstrates working knowledge of hand tools and installation equipment.
- Knowledge of basic home and commercial building construction preferred.
- Performs ongoing and routine job site professionalism and workmanship and ensures that the installed or serviced systems are in proper working condition prior to leaving the commercial or residential property. Providing proper customer communication and job site clean-up expected.
- Assists with “red carpet” treatment of customers, including proper clean-up of commercial property or customer’s residence upon completion of a service visit.
- Trouble shoots and tests system and fills out service or installation paperwork properly upon completion of the job.
- Assists customers occasionally on an on-call basis determined by management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Low voltage and cabling experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, job site plans, building schematics/drawings and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
An individual should have knowledge of basic computer skills. Advanced Computer Skills desired.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Power Alarm is a Drug Free workplace that requires a professional background check.
Service technician or related experience and/or training and experience preferred. We are willing to train the right candidate with some level of experience relevant to this position.
Certificates and Licenses
- Fire licensed preferred but not necessary.
- Motor vehicle license is a must with a clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Hand Tools
- Oral and Technical communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Customer service knowledge
- Time management skills
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places and in outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- required to be comfortable working off a 20ft ladder or scaffolding.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay Rate: $18 – $40/hour depending on experience.